Pages

Monday 4 May 2020

My Journal entry #5

On Friday night I suggested to my boys that we try making our own sushi for dinner? So I marinated some chicken with a special recipe called "Terriyaki chicken" which is from Japan. Then we cooked the sushi rice in a pot and the chicken in the frying pan. Next we prepared the seaweed also called "nori" in Japanese. We spread the rice on and then layered the chicken and the vegetables on top. We like capsicum, carrot and cucumber because they are all healthy kai. Next, we rolled up the sushi in a special bamboo mat called a "makisu" until it was tight. Then my eldest son Nathan cut it into small pieces using a sharp knife. It tasted just like the real thing, delicious! Have you tried any new recipes while you have been at home during the lockdown?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs Carter and Room 24. Yum! Your sushi dinner looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing how to make it. I might make some too!

    ReplyDelete